Fruits & Veggies – More Matters Month
Most people know that eating fruits and vegetables is important for good health, but most of us still aren’t getting enough. This September, we here at Horak Chiropractic & Acupuncture are proud to participate in Fruits & Veggies – More Matters Month.
Eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and fruits can help you:
- Lower your risk for heart disease and some types of cancer
- Maintain or reach a healthy weight
- Keep your body strong and active
Here are some ideas to help you and your family fit more fruits and vegetables into your day:
- Keep a bowl of fruit handy where the whole family can see it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies ahead of time so they’re ready for quick, healthy snacks.
- Challenge your family to try a new veggie or fruit every week.
- A good practice is having colorful meals, which usually means more fruits and veggies in your meal.
Remember, eating more fruits and veggies can be fun – and it’s worth it!
- Fruits and veggies have outstanding nutritional value.
- Both are full of phytochemicals that are crucial to overall health and well being.
- Great places to buy quality fruits and veggies are local Farmer’s markets.
- Remembering the five Essentials of Health: Proper Nutrition 2) Adequate rest 3) Moderate exercise 4) A positive mental attitude 5) Proper nerve supply. Eating plenty of fruits and veggies will help you receive proper nutrition leading to better health and wellness. Along with eating more fruits and veggies, receiving adjustments on a regular basis can ensure a proper nerve supply leading to greater overall health!